What do you do with close up magic tricks that you thought were ideal for you, but turned out not to be suitable?
- It could be any number of reasons including:
- The technique was too hard, and put you off learning
- The set up was more than you are prepared to do
- The magic trick doesn’t suit your persona, pace or style
- The conditions required for the magic tricks don’t fit with your location
Hitting a dead end with some of your new close up magic tricks, shouldn’t mean that they just get added to the ‘magic trick grave yard’ pile every magician has.
There is no reason that a magic trick has to be performed exactly as the creator of the magic trick designed it to be done. Every magic trick you order is unfinished because it’s missing a huge part: YOU
If something doesn’t feel right, or the trick doesn’t seem to fit you as a magician, change it!
Use your creativity to bring your own knowledge, experience and technique to the method. Adapt the handling, change the patter, evolve the gimmicks that come as standard with all your close up magic tricks.
How magic shops can help
Good magic shops will give you further support after the point that you have received the magic tricks you order from them:
- Talk to the support team to get further ideas.
- Visit the magic shop and bring the magic tricks along, so the magicians can give you more ideas and watch your performance.
- Film a video clip of you performing the trick and send a link to the magic shop for them to give you tips on your performance.
How other magicians can help.
Seek out feedback from other magicians. If you belong to a magic club, show the other members your new trick and ask for feedback. You never know when a small tip, will change the whole impact of the magic tricks you perform.
Please leave a comment in the section below and share this post if you found it useful: