When you arrive to do a close up magic, it's important that you take moment to look around the area you are going to be working. It's easy to forget the real reason people are sat around the table for the evening:
8 Questions to ask yourself:
- The Layout – Is there room to move between tables?
- Blackspots – Are there places with limited viability or bad angles?
- The Serving Flow – Where do the waiting staff enter and exit the room?
- Waiting areas – Where are the best places to wait when speeches or awards take place?
- VIP Tables – Where will the client be sitting?
- Bag Corner – Where can my magicians case/bag be stored and easily accessed?
- Table sides – Which side of each table would be best to perform from, to get the best visibility, yet providing shielding from the other tables?
- Table Time – How many tables will I need to do, and how much time can I allow per table?