Have your magic tricks gone wrong?
It doesn't matter how much you practice your magic tricks, sometimes the unexpected happens and everything goes wrong.• At that moment, how you deal with the situation is the most important factor. It's easy just to throw your hands up in the air and let everything fall apart. However, with a little preparation beforehand you can make sure you are prepared to turn this situation around.
The instruction guides for magic tricks tends not to spend any time dealing with mistakes that can happen. There is little information for new magicians covering how to best handle mistakes and slipups during performance. These skills tend to be developed through live performance and the school of hard knocks. It doesn't have to be this way.
Ben Williams has written a book explaining how magicians can deal with situations like this. Here's some more information:
You will Learn:
- What to say and do when something goes wrong.
- Common reasons why magic tricks fail in live performance
- Why your frame of mind is so important to your success.
- How audiences really react to mistakes
- How to use memory erasing techniques.
- Effective use of 'outs' to fix the situation.
- How to follow a failed magic trick.
- Why getting things wrong can be a positive event.
- Much much more